The Idle Mixture Screw affects the IDLE ONLY! It has no effect on the high speed mixture whatsoever contrary to internet rumors.
To set your idle speed:
1) Turn mixture screw on the side of the carburetor all the way in and then back it out 2 1/2 turns.
2) Warm up the scooter for at least 5 minutes, longer if you are in arctic weather.
3) With the scooter warmed and idling slowly (900-1200 rpm) on the center stand, turn the idle mixture screw SLOWLY to the right until the idle gets rough and slows even more.
4) At that point stop and turn screw back to the left SLOWLY until the idle smooths out and reaches it's maximum speed.
5) After you find the sweet spot, re-adjust the idle speed screw if needed to a speed that is fast enough so the lights aren't too dim but below a speed where the back wheel turns while on the center stand. If the wheel is turning then you will fry the clutch at stop lights.
6) It may require some fiddling until you get it just right. You'll see.
The mixture is affected by seasonal temperature changes so it should be done 2 or 3 times a year as the weather changes, and after every valve adjustment.
Keeping the air filter clean on a regular basis will ensure proper idle mixture as well as high speed mixture.
Idle speed screw:
Last Edit: Nov 14, 2017 8:46:19 GMT -5 by 90GTVert
Senna1Rossi: Thanks renagade281!
May 23, 2016 14:59:12 GMT -5
Fox: I don't really know how to say this but straight. I am Dave's Girlfriend Kellilee and bluntly and VERY SADLY he passed away early Tuesday morning. I know he would want ya all to know this. Thank You Brent for befriending my love he was very happy on here!
Jun 18, 2016 16:26:04 GMT -5
Fox: www.gofundme.com/29mgf6b8 I hope it is ok to pass on his gofundme page link. If not you will un-post it I'm sure. Thanks again all!!
Jun 18, 2016 16:31:18 GMT -5