It's a little tighter than I initially realized, but it can work.
I cut down the exhaust mount just a little.
What I didn't notice last night was how close one of the other areas was. It's actually less clearance than this at the center of the tire. About 2mm.
I filed the cases just a little to create a tiny bit more clearance.
I've been doing this checking at 40psi and I'll prob use 32psi.
I should have known there'd be more issues with the big tire. Grinding and filing the cases was just too easy I guess.
The shock is making solid contact with the tire.
I didn't do all the other mods for nothing, might as well make it work. I cut the shock's lower mount off and made a new one that's offset a little. I made an extra top mount so the shock will sit farther out there as well. Otherwise the shock was angled kinda bad. I pulled the gas tank off and welded it up, but this pic is before that. I put a quick coat of paint on to avoid rust and that's drying now. Since I just made an extra mount up top and only modded the shock down bottom, I could switch back to a stock setup easily if I needed to.
Now all I have to do is tie the filter up or something just to keep the tire from rubbing it and this tire should finally work. It seems like quite a bit of work to go from a 90/90/10 (3.5"W x 16.4"T) to a 120/90/10 (4.7"W x 18.5"T), but at least it's always nice to have something everyone else probably won't bother with.
UPDATE : This tire has been working out well. No rubbing. The big tire does effectively change the gearing of the scooter, but it still takes off OK as far as I'm concerned. Max top speed increased a little.
Last Edit: Nov 21, 2017 13:37:12 GMT -5 by 90GTVert
Brent Life is better at high RPM.
There are no posts here. Start the conversation below.