Started yesterday, stripped plastic and removed stock Mikuni and reeds
My original throttle cable wound up being too short after putting a 90* fitting on top of carb to clear the seat bucket After a few hours of digging through my cable stash... I found a longer cable It pays to hoard parts
Got the corb and cage on, hooked up and adjusted cables for throttle and remote choke
I figured I'd have to cut a hole for the filter to fit...but it went on without modifying plastic
It was a tight squeeze
Remote choke location
Now to put the plastic back on it, and tomorrow weather permitting I can fine tune
Well last week while experimenting with jets on my dello, I got it running pretty good After running it pretty hard for a while........... it shut down and engine would rotate,but not start After it cooled, it fired right up I'm thinking soft sieze?
Made a leak tester
Pumped it up to 6lbs, and within 4 minutes... it was flat zero I think the permatek stuff I sealed the cases with gave out , Well see Did a compression test & read 125 (kinda low ?)
Looks like I'll be putting it on the bench and trying to determine where the leak/s are I've got a gasket order coming soon In the meantime.... I'm gonna pull it apart and start over, when I find leak/s Hopefully the cyl and piston are salvageable
I tested the tester lol after I made it and it held for a half hour with no loss, so it oughta be good to use I used a little 3/8 in test plug inside the pvc cap to seal it to ensure the tester was good Like these but smaller ( these are 7/8" and 1" I got to seal exhaust)
My local Ace hardware has them in many different sizes
The hardest part I had finding was a gauge that went to 30psi max, there were many available for 120psi, also had to buy a cheap blood pressure cuff at Walgreens and throw everything but the bulb and I kept the stethiscope for listening to parts Total cost was about 30 bux I looked around for ready made leakdown testers and way too expensive for what they are Thanks to you and Robert's posts....... I got 1 on the cheap
I performed the leak test while the engine was still in the scoot I'm going to take it out and remove all the cooling plastic so I can get a better idea where my leak/s are
The low compression kinda worried me though I'll see what I'm dealing with after I get it apart I guess
After putting it to the bubble test, I was relieved to find that the base, head and case were sealed good......... but when I swapped carbs and put new reeds in, it was leaking bad at the intake
I was pleased to find the rings free and no damage to the piston or cylinder
I have several gaskets and some other stuff on their way from Canada When I built it the first time, I just slapped it 2gether with minimal knowledge, it performed well but when it goes back together..... I plan on experimenting with some port matching and tightening up the squish for more compression
It should go back together next week sometime I hate waiting for parts
Senna1Rossi: Thanks renagade281!
May 23, 2016 14:59:12 GMT -5
Fox: I don't really know how to say this but straight. I am Dave's Girlfriend Kellilee and bluntly and VERY SADLY he passed away early Tuesday morning. I know he would want ya all to know this. Thank You Brent for befriending my love he was very happy on here!
Jun 18, 2016 16:26:04 GMT -5
Fox: www.gofundme.com/29mgf6b8 I hope it is ok to pass on his gofundme page link. If not you will un-post it I'm sure. Thanks again all!!
Jun 18, 2016 16:31:18 GMT -5